6-4-1: PROHIBITED; EXCEPTION:
A. It shall be a violation of this chapter to ignite, explode, or fire off any rockets, firecrackers, Roman
candles, torpedoes, or any substance of an explosive nature within the town limits on any day of the
year; however, upon application to the town commission, duly approved by the commission and the
mayor, bona fide persons and organizations may obtain a permit for the use of fireworks in
connection with celebrations or other occasions of public interest. (Prior Code § 9.10.010)
B. Provided, however, that the prohibition set forth in this code section shall not apply to the discharge of fireworks on July 3rd through 4th, and on December 31st through January 1st, and as set forth below.
Such discharge and use shall be allowed upon the following conditions:
1. There shall be no discharge of fireworks from or into any state recreation area, local park,
school, or state highway.
2. There shall be no discharge of fireworks within one hundred feet of a church or medical
facility; or within seventy five feet of any business location.
3. There shall be no discharge of fireworks from or toward a motor vehicle.
4. There shall be no discharge of fireworks within or on East Main Street, West Main Street, or
North Main Street.
5. There shall be no discharge of fireworks:
*Before 12:00 p.m. July 3rd
*After 12:30 a.m. July 4th
*Before 12:00 p.m. July 4th
*After 12:30 a.m. July 5th
*Before 5:00 p.m. December 31st
*After 12:30 a.m. January 1st
6. There shall be no discharge of fireworks in the vicinity of or toward another person or group
of people, or in the vicinity of or toward any animal, in such manner to expose such person, persons or
animal to the risk of injury or harm.
7. There shall be no discharge of any fireworks within two hundred feet of any business
dispensing any flammable fuel or compressed gas product.
8. There shall be no, possession or use of any firework by a person less than eighteen years
old, unless such person is under the direct supervision of a responsible person eighteen years of age or
9. Any person discharging, or supervising the discharge of, fireworks as provided in this section
shall promptly clean and remove any litter, garbage or debris resulting from such discharge, and shall
responsibly dispose of such litter, garbage or debris.
10. The use of fireworks, as permitted by this section, shall be suspended when fire danger reaches a designation of “high” as determined by the United States Forest Service, or may be suspended at any time by declaration of the Mayor of Ennis, in his or her discretion, as follows: upon the recommendation of the Fire Chief of Madison Valley Rural Fire District, or the Chief of the Ennis Police department, or for other legitimate reasons. In the event of such declaration, the Madison Valley Rural Fire District and the Ennis police department shall be immediately notified of the declaration.
6-4-2: NOTICE TO PURCHASERS:
Any person, business establishment, or organization selling firecrackers, Roman candles, rockets,
torpedoes, or any other substance of an explosive nature must post a notice in a conspicuous place